There’s no better way to get into the holiday spirit than a visit to Radio City Music Hall for the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. The Rockettes have been adding a dash of glamour to New York City for over 85 years and this year’s show doesn’t disappoint with its dazzling dance numbers combined with 1,100 colorful costumes and state-of-the-art technology. GPS-enabled snow flakes anyone?
We got a preview of the show earlier this month and it gets two thumbs up from Sebastian, a veteran Christmas Spectacular attendee and Rockettes connoisseur. He even got to chat with the statuesque beauties at a private media reception in the Roxy Suite:
Tips for families:
- Aisles need to remain clear at all times so you will be asked to check your stroller before you are seated. Plan accordingly.
- Lucas had a hard time sitting but he did like the show. I think it’s most appropriate for 3+ years of age.
- Showtimes are back to back and you may need to wait on line outdoors to enter the theater or retrieve tickets. Dress in layers!
- Like all shows, there are treats and merchandise (including light up toys) for sale all over the theater so either budget a little extra for souvenirs or tell your kids “no way” before you’re inundated from every angle, including down the aisle before showtime.
- While there are plenty of snacks on site, the food is not adequate for lunch. Plan according. With kids, we love Ted’s Montana Grill around the corner or the “food court” in Rockefeller Center.
The Christmas Spectacular only runs through December 31st so be sure to book your tickets ASAP and look for discounts and deals like this Long Island Railroad one. Tickets start at $45 and can be purchased online at RadioCityChristmas.com. Ticketmaster or Radio City’s Box Office.