Miraculously, I stayed up last night and watched the Grammy Awards. Well, most of it, anyway. That last 30 minutes was waaay passed my bedtime and the Bruno Mars sweep had already begun. All and all I thought it was entertaining. Of course, the red carpet was the highlight for me. The fashion was predictably all over the place but I had my eyes on hair and makeup as well. Lady Gaga, Hailee Steinfeld, and Anna Kendrick had my favorite head to toe looks of night with eye catching makeup and sophisticated hairdos. Here's the story behind each hair style and how to get the looks:
Lady Gaga styled by Frederic Aspiras
For last night’s Grammy Awards red carpet, Lady Gaga’s hair made a Victorian goth statement with a corseted romantic braid.
Inspiration: Frederic was inspired by the design of Lady Gaga’s dress - it immediately reminded him of the gowns and corsets of the Victorian era.
Step by step:
· Start by spraying John Frieda Luxurious Volume Full Hydration Detangling Mist throughout the hair to help comb out any tangles
· Then, apply John Frieda Luxurious Volume Perfectly Full Mousse to give the hair volume and texture, before creating a center part, and blow drying with a diffuser to set the hair
· Next, while braiding both sides, apply John Frieda Frizz Ease Clearly Defined Gel to control and maintain smoothness of the two side braids. Braid all the way down and tie the ends with a clear elastic. Then, weave the corset
· To finish and hold the style, spray John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray
For last night’s Grammy Awards red carpet, Hailee Steinfeld’s hair made a fresh, youthful statement.
Inspiration: Gregory Russell was inspired by Hailee's Alexandre Vauthier dress to create a voluminous, textured hairstyle.
Step by step:
· Start with damp hair and apply a generous amount of John Frieda Luxurious Volume Perfectly Full Mousse to the roots and work throughout the lengths of the hair, creating a strong foundation to build volume
· Next, blow dry with a multi-bristle brush to create soft, natural texture
· Section the hair into 2-inch sections and lightly mist John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray to each, brush through, and then wave with a 1.5-inch flat iron
· Then, spray John Frieda Luxurious Volume Refresh Dry Shampoo throughout
· Create a side part and lightly back comb. Apply a pearl-sized amount of the John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch Up Crème to the ends for definition and frizz control
· To finish, tuck one side behind the ear and spray John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray for hold
Anna Kendrick styled by Matthew Monzon
For last night’s Grammy Awards red carpet, Anna Kendrick’s hairstyle made a sleek yet tousled statement.
Inspiration: Matthew was inspired by Anna's outfit to give her style a 90s’ vibe mixed with relaxed, Hollywood glamour.
Step by step:
· Starting with damp hair, prep by spraying John Frieda Frizz Ease Daily Nourishment Leave-In Conditioner mid-shaft through to the ends for hydration
· Next, apply John Frieda Luxurious Volume Perfectly Full Mousse and comb it throughout from roots to ends before blow drying with a medium round brush
· Create a side part, tuck one side behind the ear, and spray with John Frieda Frizz Ease Moisture Barrier Hairspray
· Then, with a large barrel curling iron, wave the hair into “S” shapes and spray John Frieda Luxurious Volume Volume Refresh Dry Shampoo to each section to give separation to the waves
· Smooth the front sections with John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch Up Crème to tame any fly-aways around the face
· To finish, spray John Frieda Frizz Ease Moisture Barrier Hairspray to hold the look the entire night
Who wore your favorite look of the night?