Jennifer Garry is a writer and the mom of two girls who talk as much and laugh as loud as she does (just ask her much quieter husband). She writes about that ever-elusive struggle for balance on her personal blog, Cuddles and Chaos.
Even though summer doesn’t officially start until late June, I’m pretty sure we all feel it as soon as the grills are rolled out and dusted off for Memorial Day. After a long and brutal winter here in the northeast, I don’t know about you but I’m totally ready for it. Bare feet, bathing suits, and lots of sunshine are exactly what this momma needs.
One thing I would like to change about this summer is my hair game. I am notorious for pulling my hair up into a big, messy topknot without a second thought (or even a glance in the mirror). While that’s fine some days, it would be nice to put a little extra effort in once in a while (key words being a little) and feel like a pulled-together human rather than a sleep-deprived task master.
These ten simple summer hairstyles are easy enough so that I won’t make excuses and say I can’t be bothered, yet pulled together enough to make me feel good. And in the end, that’s what important, right?
1. side twist bun via Hair Romance
2. topsy ponytail via Camille Styles
3. fishtail braid via A Beautiful Mess
4. braided up do via Keiko Lynn
5. half-up braided crown via A Cup of Jo
6. 3 twists via The Mother Huddle
7. 2-minute up do via Hello Natural
8. decorative bobby pins via Mucho Mucho Bueno Bueno
9. fishtail topknot via The Shine Project
10. head scarf up do via Keiko Lynn