While traveling with young children can create some of the best travel moments of our lives, it can also be stressful for parents and caregivers forced to pack, carry, and unload cumbersome baby gear. This is especially true as young parents become loyal to Airbnb over hotel chains, and have less on-site baby and child items available to them.
goBaby, the Airbnb for baby gear on the go, is trying to change that by officially launching its baby equipment rental marketplace and on demand app. The app offers mothers and fathers, as well as grandparents and caregivers, an easy way to rent strollers, car seats, and other items they need for their children during trips. Users simply select the category of equipment they’re interested in and the dates for delivery or pickup and drop off, and can browse a selection of nearby baby equipment available for rent from goBaby’s community of parents. Meanwhile, goBaby offers local parents and easy way to make some additional cash by renting unused equipment.
Here’s how it works:
For equipment renters:
- Search available items by location, dates, item category, and delivery/pickup information.
- Select an item and submit a booking request.
- Get the item from the owner by either getting it delivered to you or picking it up.
- Return the item back to the owner by either delivering it or getting it picked up by the owner.
For equipment owners:
- Take a photo of the item you want to rent out. Provide a brief description and set pricing.
- Choose delivery method: delivery or pickup by the renter.
- Give the item to the renter.
- Get your item back: pickup or delivery by the renter.
- Get paid
goBaby was founded by Natalie Kaminski, a NYC-based mother of two, and is launching first for those traveling to or planning travel to New York City. Plans to expand into other markets in the coming months.
You can download the goBaby app for free here.