Target has partnered with the U.S. Fund for UNICEF to empower kids to get active and save lives as the exclusive retailer for UNICEF Kid Power Bands, the world’s first wearable-for-good™. Statistics show that one in four U.S. kids aren’t active enough, while one in four kids globally are malnourished. The UNICEF Kid Power Bands help address both challenges by providing parents with a way to give their children a unique opportunity to stay active, learn about global problems, and play a real role in changing them. A great holiday gift, for sure.
Available in four colors – blue, orange and two Star Wars: Force for Change editions in black and white, the UNICEF Kid Power Bands ($39.99 each) help kids save lives by getting active. The more kids move, the more points they earn, which in turn unlock therapeutic food packets for severely malnourished children around the world. The first Kid Power Mission is included with the App free of charge, and additional Missions can be purchased from the App Store™ and on Google Play™ for $3.99 each.
My kids love wearing their bands and counting their steps. The bands are lightweight and durable and the challenges not only get them moving but are a great opportunity to talk to them about helping others.
How UNICEF Kid Power Bands Work:
- Kids wear a UNICEF Kid Power Band— a child-friendly fitness band they can use with the free Kid Power companion app.
- Kids go on missions through the app, learn about new cultures and earn points for completing activities and challenges.
- Points unlock therapeutic food packets that UNICEF delivers to severely malnourished children around the world.
- The more kids move, the more points they earn, and the more lives they save!
- Guests will be able to follow along on the UNICEFKid Power website to track the total points earned, therapeutic food packets donated and impact made by kids all over the U.S.